The Wilson Family YMCA continues to shine during the pandemic. While our physical doors are closed, we remain open to serving our community.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude."
My heart is overflowing with gratitude as well. I am grateful for:
- You, our members, you are our backbone; without you, we can not stand. Thank you for staying with us!
- Our committed and supportive Board of Directors. They are working tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure you can return as quickly as the Governor and the Health Department say it is okay.
- The staff, my Y family. They have jumped in wherever needed. They are looking toward the future with a lens of community, equity, innovation and inclusion. We will be better than ever!
- Our donors and philanthropic partners. Now more than ever, we need you!
- Members, volunteers and staff who have reached out and helped each other in so many ways; phone calls, food, monetary gifts, groceries, gifts, notes and cards. We care about each other!
- Your generous donations of Easter Baskets, protective gear, fabric for masks, sewing masks, giving blood at the Y.
- Girls on the Run and Stride families who donated all or part of their spring registration. Those donations will help provide scholarships for participants in the fall.
Thank you, thank you!
Please let us know if we can assist you in any way. We are here for you!
Also, please complete the Census! The Census is a snapshot of our community, and the Y wants all of you to be counted! It not only creates an accurate population number, it determines allocations of hundreds of millions of federal dollars, where infrastructure is built and what kind of representation each locale has in elections at every level.
I hope my next email will have really good news.
Until then, with love and gratitude,
Kathryn W. Davis
Wilson Family YMCA
3436 Airport Blvd
Wilson, NC 27896