As a nonprofit dedicated to keeping our community healthy, safe and thriving for all, Y members like you make our impact possible. Thank you for staying with us during these incredibly challenging times. You were here for your community when it needed you most, and we remain here for you.
As we welcome the community back to the Y, we want to assure you that safety remains our top priority. We continue to put careful thought and planning into our day-to-day activities. We are following guidance from the CDC, local health agencies and public officials to update our policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We are doing what we can so that every person who walks through our doors can stay safe and protected while getting back to what matters most: your health, your family and friends, and your community.
Ensuring the health and safety of our Y community is everyone’s responsibility and we’ve made adjustments within our facility and to our guidelines. This means things will look and feel a little different for now.
When you come back to the Y, this is what you can expect:
- Updated Waiver: Our insurance provider is requiring an updated waiver for EACH member before using the facilities. Please download, print, and bring a completed waiver for you and each member on your account. We will also have waivers available at both the Front and Back desks. Click here for the required COVID-19 Waivers.
- Facility Hours:
Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- All fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear a mask inside YMCA facilities, at YMCA programs, while working out, or while taking an indoor group fitness class.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are expected to follow mask wearing requirements per NCDHHS.
- Staff, members, participants and guests are welcome to continue wearing a mask if they feel more comfortable doing so.
- Masks and social distancing continue to be required indoors for staff and participants in childcare settings. Staff in childcare settings will continue to wear a mask until further public health guidance is issued.
- Group Fitness: Classes currently remain at 45 minutes long to allow for proper cleaning between sessions. Please clean any props you use. The calendar of classes is available on our website and mobile app.
- Child Watch: Child Watch is unavailable at this time.
- Showers/Locker Rooms: Showers will be available, but you must bring your own towel.
- Shakes and Coffee/Juice Bar: Our coffee, tea, and juice remain unavailable at this time. Shakes have returned!
How we’re asking members to help maintain safety:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage members of vulnerable populations to stay home.
- Use Sanitizer When Entering: Please utilize the hand sanitizer stations when entering and exiting the building.
- Bring Your Own Towel, Yoga Mat, and/or Blanket: Members will be asked to provide their own towel, mat, and/or blanket if needed for your workout. There may be Y logo towels available to purchase if you are in need. Any towels left in the gym will be discarded.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines.
At the Y, we're here to help you stay active, healthy, and improve your well-being in spirit, mind and body. We are thrilled to reconnect with you.
Together, we’re a better us.
Updated: 5/16/2021 2:37 p.m.