As a nonprofit dedicated to keeping our community healthy, safe and thriving for all, Y members like you make our impact possible. Thank you for staying with us during these incredibly challenging times. You were here for your community when it needed you most, and we remain here for you.
Yes, the Wilson Family YMCA is OPEN. Please help us stay open by following the 3 W's: Wear a mask, Wait 6 feet apart, and Wash your hands frequently.
Effective Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 5 p.m., staff, members and guests are required to wear a face covering over the mouth and nose.
As we welcome the community back to the Y, we want to assure you that safety remains our top priority. We have put careful thought and planning into reopening. We have followed guidance from the CDC, local health agencies and public officials to update our policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We have also made appropriate accommodations for social distancing so that every person who walks through our doors can stay safe and protected while getting back to what matters most: your health, your family and friends, and your community.
Ensuring the health and safety of our Y community is everyone’s responsibility and we’ve made adjustments within our facility and to our guidelines. This means things will look and feel a little different for now.
When you come back to the Y, this is what you can expect:
- Updated Waiver: Our insurance provider is requiring an updated waiver for EACH member before using the facilities. Please download, print, and bring a completed waiver for you and each member on your account. We will also have waivers available at both the Front and Back desks. Click here for the required COVID-19 Waivers.
- Facility Hours:
Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Masks: Effective Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 5 p.m., staff, members and guests are required to wear a face covering over the mouth and nose.
- Group Fitness: Classes will now be 45 minutes long to allow for proper cleaning between sessions. Class sizes may be limited to adhere to safety guidelines. Please clean any props you use. The calendar of classes will be available Sunday, September 6 on our website, app, and Facebook.
- Child Watch: We miss our Y kids and anticipate offering these services again when we feel we can welcome them safely. Child Watch rates for non-members will be $3 for the first child and $1 for each additional child.
- Showers/Locker Rooms: Showers will be available, but you must bring your own towel. Please be mindful to social distance while using the locker rooms.
- Shakes and Coffee/Juice Bar: Our coffee, tea, and juice remain unavailable at this time. Shakes have returned!
- Guests and Nationwide Members: We are allowing guests and Nationwide patrons visiting from YMCAs within NC.
- Front tables: We love when members sit and catch up; however, due to recent outbreaks in our county, sitting at the front tables to visit with other members is not permitted.
How we’re asking members to help maintain safety:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage members of vulnerable populations to stay home.
- Use Sanitizer When Entering: Please utilize the hand sanitizer stations when entering and exiting the building.
- Bring Your Own Towel, Yoga Mat, and/or Blanket: Members will be asked to provide their own towel, mat, and/or blanket if needed for your workout. There may be Y logo towels available to purchase if you are in need. Any towels left in the gym will be discarded.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Be Courteous: Because of limited capacity on the Cardio Deck, we request that you limit your time to 30 minutes if there are members waiting to use the equipment. In general, please be courteous and flexible with each other and with staff as we all work together to ensure a pleasant and beneficial experience for everyone.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines.
At the Y, we're here to help you stay active, healthy, and improve your well-being in spirit, mind and body. We are thrilled to reconnect with you.
Together, we’re a better us.
Updated: 11/24/2020 2:21 p.m.