LEARN & GROW WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Thank you for your interest in a career with Wilson Family YMCA. We are always looking for dedicated individuals who share our vision of communities where all people achieve health, gain confidence, make connections and feel secure at every stage of life.
RECREATIONAL GYMNASTICS COACH ASSISTANT
WILSON FAMILY YMCA – WILSON, NC
The Wilson Family YMCA is currently hiring a recreational gymnastics coach assistant. We are looking for a person who is reliable, fun, energetic and insterested in helping us to grow our co-ed recreational gymnastics program.
- Must uphold the YMCA's mission to put Chrsitian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all
- Must love to work with children
- Be prompt, reliable and friendly
- Must be able to take directions from the coach
- Must be able to work late afternoons/early evenings
- Must pass a background and sex offenders check
Pick up an application at the Front Desk. Must apply in person.
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
WILSON FAMILY YMCA – WILSON, NC
Part-time position. Mondays 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm and alternating Saturdays 8:00 am - 12:30 pm required. Other shifts as needed and assigned.
The Wilson Family YMCA is a cause-driven organization that is for youth development, for healthy living and for social responsibility. We are more than just a gym, our programs, services, and initiatives enable kids to realize their potential, prepares teens for college, offers ways for families to have fun together, and empowers people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body. We welcome and embrace all newcomers and help foster a nationwide service ethic. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Under the direct supervision of the Member Services Director, the Member Services Rep will interact with the members, guests and program participants and uphold the member experience standards. We are the daily point of contact for members, determining their needs and offering solutions to meet these needs. We are directly responsible for providing the highest quality service to members and the community, guided by our core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Greets and assists all members, potential members, program participants, guests and staff in the Y in a courteous, professional and friendly manner. Be enthusiastic towards members by learningtheir names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
- Prepares member records and handles all enrollment and registration transactions.
- Provides information and assistance related to membership rates, programs, services, classes and other Y amenities.
- Responsible for accurately reconciling daily cash drawer.
- Maintains a clean, supplied and organized Member Services desk.
- Oversees that all members and guests are properly checking in when using the Y facility.
- Promotes membership and program enrollment.
- Hands out towels to members.
- Launders and folds towels.
- Prepares shakes for members.
- Cleans and disinfects workout equipment, registration counter and coffee bar area.
- Presents a professional image to all employees, members and general public.
- Must be at least 18 years with a high school diploma/GED
- Able to multi-task, computer literate and have previous customer service experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly.
- Must be dependable, punctual, possess a cooperative attitude and be a team player.
- Wear nametag and adhere to dress standards at all times.
- Attend all designated staff meetings.
- Must become CPR certified.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per shift.