LEARN & GROW WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Thank you for your interest in a career with Wilson Family YMCA in Wilson, NC. We are always looking for dedicated individuals who share our vision of communities where all people achieve health, gain confidence, make connections and feel secure at every stage of life.
See below for current open positions. If you would like to place an employment application on file, click here to download, and then email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not in Wilson, NC but interested in a position with the YMCA? Click here for open jobs with the YMCA across the country.
Member Engagement Staff
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT STAFF
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with people? Do you have a love for customer service and helping others? Do you have a need to give back to your community? If so, this position may be for you.
The Wilson Family YMCA in Wilson, NC is currently hiring a part-time Member Services Representative. Monday-Friday 4:15 PM to 9:15 PM with occasional weekend shifts.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivational individual who will be responsible for delivering exceptionally outstanding service and assistance to YMCA members, potential members and program participants through engagement, relationship building and support. Under the direction and guidance of the Member Services Director, the Member Services Representative will be a highly visible representative of the YMCA mission, theme and character development values. Join a forward-thinking non-profit organization in furthering our mission to provide programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and assist all members, potential members, program participants and staff in a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
- Interview prospective members; explain rates, policies, procedures, benefits and features to membership.
- Maintain current member relationships, and provide support and motivation to ensure success and retention.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all programs and events.
- Be sensitive to member needs and maintain a customer-friendly demeanor at all times.
- Provide prospective members with a tour of the facility that encompasses the full member experience which highlights member/staff connections and a supportive atmosphere. Extend an invitation to join our movement.
- Register members and non-members for various programs offered throughout the year.
- Answer the telephone, provide requested information, direct calls and take accurate messages.
- Manage money and complete the end of the shift close-outs.
- Ability to operate the protein shake machine.
- Clean, maintain and sanitize frequently the Front Desk area and the Main Fitness Area, keep clutter free.
- Arrive to work on time, work all scheduled shifts, and gain approval for a qualified substitute from director if missing a shift is unavoidable.
- Complete continuing education assignments, trainings and attend meetings as instructed.
- Work well independently while also understanding and implementing the necessity of communicating and coordinating work efforts with other appropriate individuals.
- Contribute to a team-based environment with other staff.
- Following all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Excellent customer service skills. i.e. welcoming, genuine, helpful, nurturing, friendly.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously and able to maneuver through the facility quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and demonstrated professionalism in both attitude and appearance.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- CPR and AED certification. Must be able to perform all CPR and First Aid skills as needed in emergency situations.
- Must be able to stand for 5 plus hours and lift 50 lbs.